Sunday, July 10, 2011

DIY: build your own HDTV coat hanger antenna for $7

  
This was easier to install than it was to photograph

It gets better reception than a store-bought antenna ($30-$120), plus it fits easily in the attic and doesn't require any power!

I thought about doing my own instructions, but these instructions are great. I used them. Spent under $7 building it. I already had what I needed except the antenna adapter.
http://uhfhdtvantenna.blogspot.com/



Everything you need is available at Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace, etc.


Materials you will need:

Tools you will need:
Once it is all built, hook it up and slowly spin it around to find the best angle for signal strength.  Screw it into your attic 2x4s, run some wire and enjoy a strong signal without paying more for an inferior antenna.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment